The ACTL Summer School 2018 will offer three advanced courses and three introductory courses in syntax, semantics and phonology.
It will be held on Mon 25–Fri 29 June, 2018 at UCL.
There are more lecturers than usual, and we will have two parallel sessions. In addition, we are planning workshops in the morning (see below).
Courses and Workshops
- Cross-clausal A-dependencies by Susi Wurmbrand (University of Connecticut, University of Vienna)
- Topics in the semantics of pronouns: crossover phenomena by Gennaro Chierchia (Harvard)
- Contextual Information in Phonology by Yuni Kim (Essex)
- Where movement fails: minimalist perspectives on island effects by Michelle Sheehan (Anglia Ruskin)
- Introduction to Dynamic Semantics by Patrick D. Elliott (ZAS)
- Introduction to constraint-based phonology by Adam J. Chong (QUML)
There will be a poster presentation workshop by student participants on Wednesday 27 June. If you are interested in presenting your research there, please email Yasu Sudo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can print your poster near UCL, e.g. at Liquid Imaging. It normally takes one or two working days before you can pick it up. Most places take online orders.
If you are from a ACTL partner department, you will be reimbursed for the printing cost of your poster up to £30. Please keep your receipt and submit it with your reimbursement form.
|11:30-13:00||(Advanced Semantics) Topics in the semantics of pronouns: crossover phenomena
by Gennaro Chierchia
|(Advanced Phonology) Contextual Information in Phonology
|15:00-16:30||(Intro Syntax) Where movement fails: minimalist perspectives on island effects
|(Intro Semantics) Introduction to Dynamic Semantics
Patrick D. Elliott
|17:00-18:30||(Advanced Syntax) Cross-clausal A-dependencies
|(Intro Phonology) Introduction to constraint-based phonology
Adam J. Chong
Links to past ACTL schools and events
- Roots 2017
- Summer School 2017
- Autumn School 2016
- Summer School 2016
- Autumn School 2015
- Summer School 2015
- Autumn School 2014
- Summer School 2014
- Autumn School 2013
- Summer School 2013